A volunteer programme has been set up to enable anyone interested in helping the environment of Murcia. The programme is structured around various Action Projects in different parts of the region including the beaches, the waterways and inland in the countryside. There are various initiatives taking place, such as:
• A scheme to protect wildlife in the Sierra Espuna regional park
• The preservation of the park at San Pedro del Pinatar
• Preservation of the islands and dunes of the Mar Menor
• Studying spiders and invertebrates in the Calblanque regional park
• Working in wetland areas near Fortuna
• Conserving the riverbanks and Ramblas at Calasparra
• Observing and ringing birds at the Mar Menor, and
• Helping to protect turtles and dolphins along the coast.
There will be an opportunity to learn more on Friday the 26th of May. The organizer Juan Diego has arranged a visit to a new visitor centre in the hills surrounding. There are spaces for 20 people, so its first come first served.
More information can be found at: www.carm.es/medioambiente/
Thanks to Natie for the recommending this news item.